[bestbits] Surveillance paragraph of netmundial document

Katitza Rodriguez katitza at eff.org
Thu Apr 17 14:37:43 EDT 2014

Hi Ian,

comments below:

On 04/17/2014 05:25 AM, Ian Peter wrote:
> no idea why Mawaki. Perhaps others know...

I would love to find the source that I can cite in my blogging. In any
case, we are not asking States to sign onto the Principles necessarily.
If they does it, that's a nice gesture. But I think you can still cited
the Principles in the NetMundial document.

As I explained, they are guiding principles for States, legislators,
judges on how to apply their existing international human rights
obligations in the context of communication surveillance. It would be
nice to get a reference in the netmundial document!