[governance] RE: [bestbits] Nnenna to Keynote at Netmundial - Civil Society major issues

Anja Kovacs anja at internetdemocracy.in
Tue Apr 15 14:34:22 EDT 2014

Congrats, Nnenna! This is very good news indeed.

Many good proposals have been made already. Following up on Anriette's
comments on multistakeholderism and trust, I would in particularly like to
support recommendations to not just mention the struggle of engaging with
multiple stakeholders etc, but also the urgent need for checks and
balances, including transparency and accountability, and appropriate action
where these standards are violated. It might be worthwhile to add that if
such efforts are not stepped up, support from multistakeholderism will
erode quickly as trust in the system will simply have disappeared.

Thank you for the opportunity to provide input and make proposals - much
appreciated.

Anja

Dr. Anja Kovacs
The Internet Democracy Project