[bestbits] free flow of information @ Netmundial - Civil Society major issues

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Tue Apr 15 12:06:47 EDT 2014

Hi Anne,

I have argued for integrating Human Rights language into the draft
document. "Free flow of information" is not part of any UN resolution
and thus not the same as the right to freedom of opinion and expression.
Free flow of information neither implies enforceable rights nor does is
it imply any obligations of governments. Language is very important when
it comes to human rights.

jeanette