[bestbits] Nnenna to Keynote at Netmundial - Civil Society major issues

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Tue Apr 15 07:49:32 EDT 2014

Congratulations Nnenna!!

One point I like to share is -

We need to increase meaningful input and participation from the people in
the developing parts of the world.

This does not necessarily developing countries and their governments.
There are so many people living in the underdeveloped parts inside
developed countries.
They are mostly in the remote areas, in the mountains, country side, far
from major cities etc.  Or even inside large cities but in the slums, poor
areas.

They are as marginalized and ignored. People in the small and often remote
island countries, landlocked countries are in similar situation, if not the
same.
 These were mentioned by Tunis Agenda, I believe.

Often, if the got connectivity, thanks to Internet and mobile phones, these
new links might bring as much benefits as problems. But their voices and
views are often ignored, not much invited. Most domain names are owned and
operated by the people in the cities.

Of course, these economic factors and conditions are not directly generated
by the Internet, and Internet Governance issues may not seem to be directly
linked. But nonetheless, I like to ask you to consider these issues.

Thank you,

izumi

2014年4月15日火曜日、Nnenna Nwakanma<nnenna75 at gmail.com>さんは書きました: