[governance] Re: [bestbits] Nnenna to Keynote at Netmundial - Civil Society major issues

Walid AL-SAQAF wsaqaf at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 04:06:33 EDT 2014

Congrats Nenna and I'm really delighted to know that we have you as a
champion for civil society and the global south as well.

I support Anriette's points and wish to add that it would be an opportune
moment for you to raise the issue of bridging the digital divide as a
priority and doing it  a comprehensive way does require involving all
stakeholders. Remind governments that, on issues related to the internet,
all stakeholders should have a say and it is NOT business as usual.

I hope your message will resonate, in particular, with Arab governments,
which are -in my view- still living in the past and may want to hijack the
process  to put government in charge and shape the future of IG.

Let's not allow that to happen.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Walid