[bestbits] URGENT: Need 2 Reps of CSO for HLLM / pre-IGF 2013

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Wed Sep 18 05:09:04 EDT 2013

Donny B.U. <dbu at donnybu.com> wrote:

> 1. we have to submit 2 (two) names from global CSOs representative to
> become panelist

I would like to hereby express my interest in participating on this
panel.

Key points that I would like to contribute on include that it serves no
fruitful aim to adopt a superficial declaration of generalities with
which everyone agrees anyway without having to think about them, and
which would in fact likely be weaker than the existing international
human rights law. Rather, in order to contribute to taking us forward,
a declaration of cyber ethics principles must make concrete what key
insights of the literature on ethics, such as that ethics must be
discourse-based (Habermas) and integrative (Ulrich), mean in the
context of the Internet and its use.

These acpects tie well into the debates on multistakerisms that will
have a prominent role at this IGF.

Hopefully these points will already have been introduced in the “theme
presentation” that precedes the panel, so that I will not have to
start by explaining them from scratch.

Greetings,
Norbert