[bestbits] [letter to Dilma Rousseff] merging threads from IGC and BB

Joana Varon joana at varonferraz.com
Wed Sep 25 13:16:58 EDT 2013

Diego, as you, and others, might not be at bestbits list, let me mention
that this issue about the letter has been debated on both lists. So lets
merge the threads here and change the tone of the letter so it can be
inclusive of all the international civil society organizations and
individuals, ok?

Fundamental guidelines for moving forward:

Bearing in mind the points raised by Anja and other folks on the issue of
multistakeholderism, I would suggest that particularly with the goal not to
undermine the positive aspect of Dilma's speech, and the impacts on the
national scenario, we hear to Carlos Afonso's wise (insider) suggestion and
mention this critical topic in a positive manner as well:

"My IMHO advice: let us not be black-and-white on this. Let us think of the
ways in which we can build bridges. Rousseff has opened a wonderful window
of opportunity, let us not just dismiss it because there is that "12-letter
word" in her statement."

The link again:
https://pad.riseup.net/p/IGC-Supports-Brazil

cheers