[bestbits] Letter to Pres. Rousseff, was, Re: [governance] Dilma Rousseff's speech at UN

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Wed Sep 25 12:02:04 EDT 2013

Rousseff sees "multilateral" as "among nations", not "among
governments". But I do understand the term in the international
diplomatic scene takes a meaning opposed to what civil society defends
and each government has its own particular interpretation -- BTW, as do
different civil society "tribes".

My IMHO advice: let us not be black-and-white on this. Let us think of
the ways in which we can build bridges. Rousseff has opened a wonderful
window of opportunity, let us not just dismiss it because there is that
"12-letter word" in her statement.

fraternal regards

--c.a.