[bestbits] Seoul Conference on Cyberspace 2013

Shahzad Ahmad shahzad at bytesforall.pk
Tue Sep 24 02:46:23 EDT 2013

Dear Parminder,

At least Budapest conference was not that closed. I know there was an effort
to bring range of stakeholders (including CSOs) to that event and in some
instances even funded by the Hungarian Government. Though, we could not
attend being committed elsewhere but we had at least two sessions with the
embassy to inform them of local issues. Some of the diplomats also went to
Budapest to attend.

We believe that undermining CSOs strengths and efforts (even among
ourselves) wont't help the cause at all. We believe IGF is important so are
many other spread out forums. Not necessarily all of us would have the
capacity and time to engage with each one of them but we appreciate the
efforts by all the colleagues especially CSOs and academia to keep the
struggle up.

So can we all please pay some urgent attention to the appeal by Byoungil?
Byoungil, please count us in for any response based on your observations
that you plan to put forward on the openness, access and objectives of this
conference. It is all the more important to engage with this given its
importance.

Best wishes and regards

Shahzad