[bestbits] Crowdfunding campaign for Best Bits 2013

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Mon Sep 23 02:37:12 EDT 2013

One of the items for the agenda of our Best Bits meeting in Bali is an update on the funding of the meeting and the broader network.  Currently we have no funding other then a small grant from Google (through APC) to help us cover the conference package for 40 participants.  But this won't stretch to assisting participants with travel or accommodation expenses.

So we are crowdfunding to raise some more!  In the longer term we will continue to seek institutional funding opportunities, but for the participants themselves to kick in some support through crowdfunding is a great way to demonstrate the value of Best Bits for civil society.  Please visit and share the crowdfunding link here:

http://www.razoo.com/story/Travel-Support-For-Best-Bits-Meeting

A link to the crowdfunding site is given when you register for the meeting, and it is also highlighted at the bottom of every page on the Best Bits website.

Please help us raise some money to support participants who wouldn't otherwise be able to join us in Bali for this important civil society gathering.  If you can't contribute anything, then please share this opportunity with others who may be able to do so.

Access is a participating organization in the Best Bits network and is hosting this fundraiser on the network's behalf. 100% of proceeds will be used to cover travel expenses for members of the Best Bits network that would otherwise be unable to attend the IGF; all funds raised will be managed and distributed by the Best Bits interim steering committee.  Any excess will be retained for future Best Bits meetings.  Thanks, Access!

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge hub |http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.

WARNING: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.