process Re: [bestbits] [Meeting Report]: friday meeting with fadi et all

Eduardo Bertoni ebertoni at alumni.gwu.edu
Thu Oct 31 12:32:23 EDT 2013

Dear all,

I jump (late) to this debate. My reaction is, perhaps, more related to the
core of BestBits. Something that I asked in Bali, and frankly, I didn´t get
any answer. For me the core question is about what BestBits is. Is it a
platform, that NGOs and other could use for debate and at some point use
the technological platform to work on letters or statements? Is it a
network, from where ALL the participants have a voice, have the chance to
open deliberations, and at the end, reach to decisions to execute some
concrete actions ON BEHALF of the network, meaning ALL the organizations?
Is it a network where decisions are delegated to some groups?

I was very concern with the language used in the past to present, for
example, the last letters or statements. Concrete example: I heard that the
letter to the President of Brazil was a letter coming from BestBits. Well,
I didn´t signed the letter and I think that I participate in Best Bits. In
fact was a letter signed by a group of people or organizations, not BY Best
Bits. Am I wrong?

Maybe I am introducing a philosophical discussion, maybe is something
already discussed that I don´t know, maybe some people use the word
platform and network as synonymous. What I strongly believe is this: if it
is not clear what BestBits is and how takes decisions, we will have a never
end discussion.

Best

Eduardo

Eduardo