[bestbits] RE:Bali meeting - IGF plus

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Oct 10 08:59:19 EDT 2013

Am Thu, 10 Oct 2013 20:38:05 +0800
schrieb Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org>:

> On 10/10/2013, at 8:22 PM, Andrew Puddephatt <Andrew at gp-digital.org>
> wrote:
>
> > What?  We wrote it between us, in our time, as a contribution to
> > the Best Bits debate on internet governance. No-one got paid
> > anything by anyone.
> >
> > But please, make me an offer I can't refuse
>

> I suspect Norbert's question, although rather easily misinterpreted
> as an interrogation about your funding sources, was actually about
> whether there is funding out there to support Internet governance
> research, particularly by those who aren't already affiliated to a
> funded institution.  If I'm right, then I can say that there is
> indeed a lot of current interest in this, and that there will be
> discussions about it in Bali.  I'll write more off-list.

To be totally honest, my question (poorly worded as it may have been)
probably emerged from as a mix of both interests - on one hand curiosity
about how Andrew's work is funded --together with the implied belief
that transparency on such matters is important-- and on the other hand
interest in learning about potential funding sources for work that I'm
interested in undertaking.

Greetings,
Norbert