[bestbits] [governance] "technical community fails at multistakeholderism". really?

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Oct 9 20:59:36 EDT 2013

At 02:06 10/10/2013, John Curran wrote:
>I thought you were concerned about the authenticity of the call for
>accelerating the
>globalization of ICANN and IANA functions, and I was only responding
>to such -
>my error.  In any case, we are already seeing evidence of such
>acceleration, which
>in and of itself makes the point.

No concern about the authenticity of the current, swift and brillant
NTIA long planned strategic move in order to counter the
Dubai-signatories with the Montevideo-signatories + Barazilian
Summit. My concern is where an "acceleration of a statUS-quo" may
lead us to except to a self-organizing criticality.

I will come back on this, but the result - as far as CS is concerned
- is a probable split of the civil society, the emergence of the
digital society and the creation of a multilateral NRObis. I have
nothing about "fostering competition".

jfc