[bestbits] FW: "Open Talks" with ITU Secretary General

Lea Kaspar Lea at gp-digital.org
Wed Oct 2 05:34:54 EDT 2013

Dear all,

For those of you interested in internet governance debates at the ITU level, I've recently been forwarded the below notification.

Please note that these discussions will feed into ITU's CWG-Internet, which, as you know, remains otherwise closed to observers (following our Best Bits statement on this topic). One of the topics on the agenda at the CWG at the moment is the role of governments in IG. Have in mind that while the ITU Plenipotentiary takes place in November 2014, the documents that will inform its work are being drafted much earlier (through processes like this).

Best,
Lea