[bestbits] Event on Best Bits Calendar: RightsCon Silicon Valley (March 3-5th, 2014)

Brett Solomon brett at accessnow.org
Sun Oct 20 11:55:03 EDT 2013

Hi

Thanks everyone for today's discussion and to Jeremy for the run through on
the Best Bits calendar. Here are some more details on RightsCon Silicon
Valley 2014:

www.rightscon.org

The event will take on March 3-5 in San Francisco about 6-8 weeks before
the Rio summit (assuming it takes place and is in April/May). Chatting to a
few people today, it could be a good place to help strategize position and
approach for Rio, and bring together members of the BB network ahead of
time.

The event will bring together global activists, companies, thinkers,
investors, engineers and government officials to discuss the tensions and
opportunities at the intersection of human rights and the internet. We have
about 650 people who have already registered interest in attending (you can
do so here <http://www.rightscon.org/>).

Located by Silicon Valley, it has a particular focus on technology
companies and aims to create a space for multistakeholder and
business-to-business dialogue on human rights best practices and learnings
in the context of the private sector.

This year is the first time we will open up the programing to attendees,
and as we enter into a participatory agenda building process, you can
submit a session proposal
here<http://www.rightscon.org/submit-a-session/submit/>.

I will add more information to the Best Bits
calendar<http://bestbits.net/events/>as we progress - but for now
please save the date.

See you all tomorrow for Day 0!

Brett

Brett Solomon
Executive Director | Access
accessnow.org
+1 917 969 6077 | skype: brettsolomon | @accessnow
Key ID: 0x312B641A*

RightsCon Silicon Valley, March 3-5, 2014. Register interest
no<http://www.rightscon.org>
*