[bestbits] Logistical note for Best Bits meeting participants

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 06:14:51 EDT 2013

Hmmm... Interesting...

I've been following these and associated discussions for some time now and
this is the first time that I've ever seen the association that you are
making below, Avri, between MSism and Participatory Democracy in fact when
the subject has been discussed at all, my sense was that most MS advocates
treated democracy in whatever manifestation with some contempt.

Based on my reading the way in which MSism is usually used in these
discussions would I think be diametrically differerent from how I understand
PD.

PD								MSism
structured/rule governed decision processes			no firm
determination/rules of decision processes
structured/rule governed processes for inclusion		no defined
(agreed upon) processes/rules for inclusion
equality as between participants				equality as
between stakeholders groups
equality as between participants				no
determination of relative status of participants within stakeholder groups
general acceptance of democratic governance framework 	MSism seen as
alternative form of governance to democracy

Mike