[bestbits] Bali visa on arrival etc

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Fri Oct 18 03:10:03 EDT 2013

Visa on arrival, US$25 and various other currencies accepted, see attached picture.  Looks like no credit cards.

Airport seems to be at its busiest from around 8pm (just the local rumor).  Long lines for the visa when I arrived last night, 30 minutes+ then longer wait for immigration procedure.  Straight forward process but busy.

Conference center is large, spacious.  Rooms are permanent structures with solid walls.  Common areas with weak aircon, rooms might be chilled, but not fully set-up yet so no idea what they will be like next week (be prepared.) Power strips in all workshop rooms and mainly european round 2 pin, with occasional universal.  My hotel has universal power sockets.

Weather is hot and sweaty.  There are mosquitos.

Nusa Dua is like a very large gated campus, conference center and a number of hotels inside.  Shops inside, but more expensive than the mini-mart/k-mart etc outside.

All good.

Adam