[bestbits] Do we really want to shoot in Dilma's foot?

Pranesh Prakash pranesh at cis-india.org
Tue Oct 15 05:17:11 EDT 2013

Norbert Bollow [2013-10-15 05:11]:
> Certainly these NSA employees have not been pursuing objective contrary
> to what is now known to have been the overall objective of the NSA.
>
> A firsthand account of this is here:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography@metzdowd.com/msg12325.html

Norbert, I already responded to this in the mail you're replying to:

"If it is the IPSEC charge that you're talking about: I don't find any
evidence to support John Gilmore's insinuations; frankly there are
better explanations for why IPSEC didn't take off."

You might also want to read Jeffrey Schiller's response to Gilmore:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography@metzdowd.com/msg12497.html>

--
Pranesh Prakash
Policy Director