[bestbits] Do we really want to shoot in Dilma's foot?

Pranesh Prakash pranesh at cis-india.org
Mon Oct 14 15:32:11 EDT 2013

michael gurstein [2013-10-14 11:17]:
> To add a brief observation, we know from Snowden that the subversion of
> Multistakeholderism by the NSA has gone to the very heart of Intenet
> development through its actions around standard setting in the IETF (and the

Do you have a link for this?

I'm guessing you're talking about the Guardian/NYT/Pro Publica pieces.
I don't recall reading anything about the IETF or other I* body there.

If it is the IPSEC charge that you're talking about: I don't find any
evidence to support John Gilmore's insinuations; frankly there are
better explanations for why IPSEC didn't take off.

--
Pranesh Prakash
Policy Director