[bestbits] Re: [governance] LETTER DRAFTING Re: Rousseff & Chehade: Brazil will host world event on Internet governance in 2014

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Fri Oct 11 04:44:54 EDT 2013

Agree with Jeremy.

I suggest we draft in the Best Bits community and then share with
Governance. I am sure many IGC members will be in support, and it might
even be possible for Norbert and Sala to negotiated an IGC endorsement
once we have a finalised text. But if we start the drafting there it
will just be too complex. Drafting is best done in small teams who then
gather input in a relatively structured manner.

Anriette

On 11/10/2013 10:39, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
> On 11/10/13 16:01, Norbert Bollow wrote:
>> Hence I propose that IGC goes ahead and drafts and sends very soon a
first letter simply from IGC. This could IMO be a relatively simple
letter, expressing appreciation and interest and requesting that
international civil society not be left out from full and effective
participation in the planned event and its preparatory process.

> On the other hand, it is even harder for the IGC to agree on a letter
than it is for Best Bits, since the IGC requires consensus.  And there
are enough IGC members saying "no" to the letter already that I wonder
whether consensus will be possible...

> --
>
> *Dr Jeremy Malcolm
> Senior Policy Officer
> Consumers International | the global campaigning voice for consumers*
> Office for Asia-Pacific and the Middle East
> Lot 5-1 Wisma WIM, 7 Jalan Abang Haji Openg, TTDI, 60000 Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia

hub | http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone

www.facebook.com/consumersinternational
<http://www.facebook.com/consumersinternational>

> Read our email confidentiality notice
<http://www.consumersinternational.org/email-confidentiality>. Don't
print this email unless necessary.

> *WARNING*: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly
recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For
instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.

- --
anriette esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
executive director, association for progressive communications
www.apc.org
po box 29755, melville 2109
south africa
tel/fax +27 11 726 1692