[bestbits] Is the bestbits list moderated

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Thu Oct 3 12:23:33 EDT 2013

On 04/10/2013, at 12:16 AM, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:

> Is this list moderated?
>
> Messages sent at different times arrive together.  When multiple lists are cc'd (and I'm sorry for that, many threads are duplicated on the IGC, IRP and bestbits lists) bestbits tend arrive last.
>
> Just wondering.  It does seem a bit of a controlled environment given civil society's usual modalities (messy though they are.)

No, the sudden influx of messages just now was not due to moderation, it was due to a technical fault.  My apologies.

Messages that will typically be moderated are replies cross-posted to several lists, where the sender of the reply is not a member of the Best Bits list.  In such cases you can expect the email to come through later, if at all, on the Best Bits list.  The sender will also receive a moderation notification.  To avoid this, they can join the list.

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge hub |http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.

WARNING: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.