[governance] RE: [bestbits] Rousseff & Chehade: Brazil will host world event on Internet governance in 2014

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Oct 10 22:15:38 EDT 2013

At 02:26 11/10/2013, Ian Peter wrote:
>I agree with Deborah – lets wait till a bit more information
>emerges. We can draft a letter which is more meaningful when we have
>a better idea of the scope, objectives, possible outcomes, likely
>attendees, and possible processes for the conference. It’s quite
>likely more information will emerge in the next week or so,
>therefore I think we should discuss at Bali and before then try to
>find out a little more.

+1

John Curan, Russ Housley, etc. have documented that they have
discussed the Montevideo statement with their boards however it only
presented their long standing position. In the CS case there is no
long standing position since the situation is new. It would neither
be nor look serious not to democractically proceed, after having
listen to all the inputs from Seoul, Bali, the WGEC preparation, the
EU positions, etc.

jfc