[NCSG-Discuss] [governance] RE: [bestbits] Rousseff & Chehade: Brazil will host world event on Internet governance in 2014

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Oct 10 17:13:44 EDT 2013

At 20:31 10/10/2013, Carlos A. Afonso wrote:
> Avri, so did (or it seems to have done) the ARIN fellow. This was signed
> as a statement of the "leaders" of whatever, so it saves them in a
> certain way from having their ears pulled when they return to their home
> bases, so to speak.

Just to be clear -

  ARIN fully supports the Montevideo Statement; it was signed
  by me, but it was also approved in advance by the ARIN Board
  (which happened quite quickly as the positions therein were
  already positions of public record of ARIN and discussed with
  our members.)

/John

John Curran
President and CEO