[bestbits] Re: Multi-Equal Stakeholderism

Pranesh Prakash pranesh at cis-india.org
Sat Nov 30 15:52:56 EST 2013

Avri Doria [2013-11-30 15:22]:
> In any case I accept that there its a difference of opinion on the
> degree of multi stakeholder participation in the IETF. I will see if
> I can dig up any statistics.  I just wanted to contribute another
> perspective.

Thanks so much.  I know Jari Arkko[1] and Bill Fenner compile stats
related to IETF, IESG, RFCs, etc., so they might be a good folks to ask.
 I haven't found anything that makes public stats from either the IRC
channels (a great many of which are empty even when the corresponding
MLs are buzzing) or WG mailing lists.  Given that the archives are
public, I'm sure one could quickly write up a scraper and do the
necessary analysis.

Any other form of statistics would also be great to have.

 [1]: http://arkko.com/tools/stats.html

--
Pranesh Prakash
Policy Director