[bestbits] [Follow up of the previous report] Summary I*coalition/dialogue debates

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Mon Nov 4 12:10:17 EST 2013

Hi Carolina,

Thanks very much for this.

I guess the first observation is that if the i-coordination group wants to discuss process it should start by inviting civil society to the discussion, that would be a first step to good process.  Shouldn't go any further until there's CS on the list other than you guys who, as I understand, are there as coordinators with the Brazilian organizing group, not as CS reps per se.

Might ask Joseph Alhadeff if he really means "input from the Technical, Business, Civil Society and Academic communities".  He seems to have created a new standalone stakeholder group.  Good, but I doubt his intention. (?)

Will we hear from Brazil on November 11 about their plans for the Summit (what does Brazil want to achieve from the meeting,  are the topics still the President's five principles + ICANN and IANA reform.)

As background, how is marco civil progressing?  Would the passing of that legislation be relevant to the principle the President mentioned on net neutrality in particular, or more broadly than that?

Best,

Adam