[bestbits] What is 1Net? Blog post by Paul Wilson of APNIC

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 14:27:58 EST 2013

Thanks for the pointer to this very interesting post Nnenna.

Paul uses the term "Internet community" in several places and I'm curious
what he means by it.

I have a feeling that we may not all have a similar definition (or that our
definitions are evolving) and that that might be one reason why our
discussions often go off the rails-we have different conceptions of who the
audience or target group is for various of the policy issues that we address
from time to time.

(I provided my own definition in my current blogpost
<http://gurstein.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/internet-justice-a-meme-whose-time
-has-come/> , but I'm not sure that everyone here agrees with mine J and of
course ISOC,  ICANN, IETF also all use the term "Internet community" and if
those folks also want to chime in it would be greatly appreciated.