process Re: [bestbits] [Meeting Report]: friday meeting with fadi et all

joy joy at apc.org
Sun Nov 3 16:45:16 EST 2013

Thanks for this useful input Anja, which i also agree with.
and just to say that I am also very comfortable with spaces created for
discussions to initiate or develop in this way esp in relation to your
point about power dynamics and transparency as a means to an end: I am
very familiar with this as a human rights defender where discussions
often happen in spaces that are created or designed for this similar
kind of purpose eg among women's rights activitists or disabled or
indigenous people and other groups: in that context such spaces are
generally respected by others, and even at times there are groups within
these groups.
in the best bits context i am also comfortable with the fluid working
groups methods that are evolving around those who want to work on
specific issues together doing so and reporting back: as somone who
cannot work on all issues, i actually find it very helpful.
Joy