[IRPCoalition] [bestbits] Brazil summit

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon Nov 25 09:19:53 EST 2013

Agree with Andrew that ultimately substantive contributions are more important than slots on steering committees.

The civil society actors within ICANN, including me and other participants in the Internet governance project, have developed a lot of knowledge about the significance and intricacies of ICANN's relationship to the US government and how to deal with it/ change it/ reform it.

I think we are at a point where general or vague statements of what might be desired don't have a lot of value; as the call for the Brazil conference says, we need a roadmap with some specific steps.

We do intend to develop position papers on that but would look for a suitable forum for vetting ideas.