[bestbits] Brazil meeting - CS representation

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 15:52:39 EST 2013

Hi Parminder,

So far there is no 1net structure that we could engage in. People who
subscribe to the 1net list get no response. Direct e-mails to Adiel also do
not produce effect. This was heavily criticized by different actors during
ICANN, but by the end of the meeting, nothing had changed. While there is
no 1net and no clarity about models of participation, we should definitely
send the letter and request the inclusion of our liaisons.  Only an
observation about the agenda: as far as I understood, 25th is the day of
the CGI.br steering committee internal meeting, in which they will discuss
the conference together for the first time. 26th is the day of a second
announcement about the event.

MarĂ­lia

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 5:31 AM, Nnenna Nwakanma <nnenna75 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Parminder, all
>
> The draft is ready and Joana is handling its translation.
>
> Should be shared any moment from now

> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 4:38 AM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net>wrote:
>
>>  All
>>
>> I am not sure whether we are still going to send a letter to the
>> Brazilians about independent liaison between civil society and the
>> Brazilian hosts, or if we are now settled on having that done through
>> the 1net structure. (And of course to also put forward the four names for
>> our proposed liaison structure.) Have we now dropped that idea?
>>
>> I understand that a meeting/ announcement on the 25th will further cement
>> the emerging organising structure, and there isnt much time left if we
>> indeed want to make such a communication to the Brazilians. As I said a few
>> days back, if such a letter has to go, it has to go 'today', and personally
>> delivered to highest authority with request for acknowledgement and
>> response. For an annoucement to be made on monday, people would have mostly
>> decided on what to announce by Friday..
>>
>> parminder

*MarĂ­lia Maciel*
Pesquisadora Gestora
Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade - FGV Direito Rio

Researcher and Coordinator
Center for Technology & Society - FGV Law School
http://direitorio.fgv.br/cts

DiploFoundation associate
www.diplomacy.edu