[Fwd: Re: [bestbits] Sign-On Statement regarding the 2014 Internet Governance Summit in Brazil]

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sun Nov 3 01:27:04 EST 2013

On Saturday 26 October 2013 05:34 PM, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
> On 26 Oct 2013, at 12:20 pm, parminder at itforchange.net
> <mailto:parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:
>
> In fact I am simply not sure who - as in which group - is leading this
>> process - Jeremy, can we be clear on this...
>
> The feeling on the Best Bits steering committee at our face to face
> meeting was that we should post it despite the lack of unanimity, and
> let those who wanted to sign on do so, however we never got the chance
> because the server went down.

Still not clear which group led the process of formulating and proposing
the statement.... which I understand, as per the way Bestbits group and
its steering committee is propositioned, cant be the steering committee
itself leading the process... But are you saying that in this particular
case indeed the steering committee led the process of drafting,
finalising and proposing the statement....?

> That was when Norbert and Sala stepped in. Though not at our request.
> That isn't a really clear answer to your question, but it's the best I
> can do.

We need to reach a position where we can begin getting clear responses
to the all-important process issues posed to the custodians of civil
society processes... Not only  now but also at the BestBits face to face
meeting quite a lot of such questions got no answer, or at any rate not
a clear enough one...

parminder