[bestbits] Best Bits MAG nominations for your approval - URGENT

Poncelet Ileleji pileleji at ymca.gm
Wed Nov 20 05:10:58 EST 2013

Hello Colleagues,

Good day, I think its important for continuity especially as in my opinion
the current CS MAG members are doing a great work and have really put in a
lot of time to this  , I concur will Bill and strongly belief in the
overall continuity of all current CS MAG members

Regards

Poncelet

On 20 November 2013 10:05, William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just woke up and am rushing to a meeting but would appreciate
> clarification.  When was the call for nominations, when was the deadline
> for submission, and when was the period in which list members then
> expressed views either way before you decided to go ahead?  Some of us are
> a bit busy in Buenos Aires dealing with Brazil meeting and such and are
> awash in a tidal wave of communications and meetings, so I at least missed
> all this.
>
> By selecting these six names, including just two current CS MAG members,
> do you wish to convey to the Secretariat and DESA that you do not support
> the continued participation of all the current CS MAG members not listed,
> irrespective of the time and work they’ve put in, how long they’ve been
> been on it, etc?
>
> It seems unduly abrupt, so please note my objection as well.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill
>
> On Nov 20, 2013, at 4:15 AM, Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> wrote:
>
> On 20 Nov 2013, at 1:25 pm, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:
>
> As said before, I do not agree to steering committee choosing MAG
> nominees, or other kinds of reps, or next steering committee's membership,
> and so on.... These are serious. important issues which should have a
> clear, transparent, accountable and thus legitimate process around it. And
> I dont see that in place.
>

> We have not chosen the MAG nominees, we have simply collected the
> nominations, suggested criteria that could be used to evaluate them, and
> forwarded them back to the main list with a recommendation.  Although your
> objection was noted, most others were comfortable with this process and
> since we do not have voting or membership as such, we decided to go ahead.
>  If appropriate your objection could probably be noted in some way in the
> letter that goes to the MAG.
>
> --
>

> *Dr Jeremy MalcolmSenior Policy OfficerConsumers International | the
> global campaigning voice for consumers*
> Office for Asia-Pacific and the Middle East
> Lot 5-1 Wisma WIM, 7 Jalan Abang Haji Openg, TTDI, 60000 Kuala Lumpur,
> Malaysia
> Tel: +60 3 7726 1599
>
> Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge hub
> |http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone
>
> @Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org |
> www.facebook.com/consumersinternational
>
> Read our email confidentiality notice<http://www.consumersinternational.org/email-confidentiality>.
> Don't print this email unless necessary.
> *WARNING*: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly
> recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For
> instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.

Poncelet O. Ileleji MBCS
Coordinator
The Gambia YMCAs Computer Training Centre & Digital Studio
MDI Road Kanifing South
P. O. Box 421 Banjul
The Gambia, West Africa
Tel: (220) 4370240