[bestbits] [very quick follow up] I*coalition/dialogue = 1net

Joana Varon joana at varonferraz.com
Wed Nov 13 12:09:09 EST 2013

Excellent, Jeremy. Lets have in mind that the letter is just for the
Brazilian government and keep going the debate regarding representativeness
at 1net, as Carlos have a good point.

Dear Robin, I'm building my way to reach Buenos Aires, it will be great to
chat there.

best

joana

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> wrote:

> On 13 Nov 2013, at 8:13 pm, Joana Varon <joana at varonferraz.com> wrote:
>
> My understanding was that the liasons would work as a bridge between the
> Brazilian Gov and International civil society, passing information and
> concerns about the Summit. I'm happy to help with it, but if there is no
> need, my life will be easier, so I'll be happy as well. I just need to know
> the overall position, because since Bali I've been readapting my agenda and
> priorities to be able to do this. If it is useless, just let me know. If it
> is needed, a letter indicating and making clear our role as liassons will
> also be of good help.
>

> That was the understanding, and you've been doing an invaluable job.  So
> yes we can write a letter on this setting out the current position.  I will
> start a draft if nobody else can do so.  But going forward, it will also be
> important to have a broader civil society nomination process for
> stakeholder representatives for various purposes.  As Carlos says this will
> need to involve NCUC/NCSG.  So we will, in parallel, continue exploring
> this with other constituency groups, and report back here.
>
>  --
>

> *Dr Jeremy MalcolmSenior Policy OfficerConsumers International | the
> global campaigning voice for consumers*
> Office for Asia-Pacific and the Middle East
> Lot 5-1 Wisma WIM, 7 Jalan Abang Haji Openg, TTDI, 60000 Kuala Lumpur,
> Malaysia
> Tel: +60 3 7726 1599
>
> Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge hub
> |http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone
>
> @Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org |
> www.facebook.com/consumersinternational
>
> Read our email confidentiality notice<http://www.consumersinternational.org/email-confidentiality>.
> Don't print this email unless necessary.
> *WARNING*: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly
> recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For
> instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.

Joana Varon Ferraz
@joana_varon
PGP 0x016B8E73