[bestbits] [bit of news] on Brazilian announcement for the Summit

Joana Varon joana at varonferraz.com
Wed Nov 13 10:25:07 EST 2013

Dear all,

More from the field:

Brazilian government (or the national steering committee coordinating the
summit) have a meeting today afternoon with the technical community (Icann
and Isoc at least) to coordinate 0.o and shall release more info about the
Summit soon. I've just written an email to the national steering committee
requesting more info and inclusiveness for the liasons. From civil society,
only Glaser (cgi.br), and maybe Carlos (?), will be there.

Also, Minister of Communications, Paulo Bernardo is going for the first
time to Icann and have a 45min slot in the program (attached).

Once again, as suggested by Matthew, I do believe a formal letter
nominating and explaining our role as liasons, and not representatives, for
International Civil Society for information regarding the Summit will be
good to legitimate and help our job here.

best

joana

Joana Varon Ferraz
@joana_varon