[bestbits] [very quick follow up] I*coalition/dialogue = 1net

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Wed Nov 13 10:13:56 EST 2013

On 13 Nov 2013, at 8:13 pm, Joana Varon <joana at varonferraz.com> wrote:
> My understanding was that the liasons would work as a bridge between the Brazilian Gov and International civil society, passing information and concerns about the Summit. I'm happy to help with it, but if there is no need, my life will be easier, so I'll be happy as well. I just need to know the overall position, because since Bali I've been readapting my agenda and priorities to be able to do this. If it is useless, just let me know. If it is needed, a letter indicating and making clear our role as liassons will also be of good help.

That was the understanding, and you've been doing an invaluable job.  So yes we can write a letter on this setting out the current position.  I will start a draft if nobody else can do so.  But going forward, it will also be important to have a broader civil society nomination process for stakeholder representatives for various purposes.  As Carlos says this will need to involve NCUC/NCSG.  So we will, in parallel, continue exploring this with other constituency groups, and report back here.

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge hub |http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.

WARNING: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.