[bestbits] Re: [IRPCoalition] DISCLOSURE REQUEST Re: Funding Available for Strengthening Civil Society...

McTim mctimconsulting at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 06:32:13 EST 2013

Parminder,

I have trimmed the cc list, as this thread was originally is about BB.

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 5:27 AM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:
> Dear All,

<snip>

> Bottomline: I strongly support Norbert's proposal that all custodians of CS
> processes (and I add all reps to other bodies like working groups, MAG etc)
> should divulge basic information about themselves, which includes all
> funding sources/ relationships, basic organisational identity if any, a
> basic statement of intent, purpose and objectives, and summary of activities
> in the past, present and planned.

The above does not describe NB proposal.  The quote below does:

"Specifically, I hereby request the members of the BestBits steering
committee, the members of the IRP Steering Committee, and the
coordinators of the IGC to disclose any direct or indirect financial
relationship to any "capacity building" or similar kind of project
where a US government agency is among the funders."

> This is a clear and direct proposal,

but it only covers one country.

rgds,

McTim