[bestbits] RES: IGF and the Brazilian proposal to WPF on Operationalising the Role of Governments in Internet Governance Processes

Deborah Brown deborah at accessnow.org
Thu May 30 18:09:21 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Since we have a few volunteers to work on the text now and it's basically
Friday, Joana and I have agreed to work on a very preliminary draft based
on the outline Nnenna and others developed tomorrow over Skype at 18:00
UTC. Anyone who would like to join is more than welcome and can ping me at
deborah.l.brown. Apologies that this is not a particularly convenient time
for those on the other side of the Atlantic.

We will then share this text on this list so that anyone who is interested
in contributing edits may do so.

In terms of a timeline, can I suggest the following:

Preliminary draft text open for edits: 31 May- 6 June
Finalize text for sign on: 7 June
Send text to the SG/ITU and publish it: June 11

Does that sound right to everyone?

In the meantime, suggestions for recommendations on how to maximize
meaningful civil society participation, including remote participation,
would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Deborah

--