[bestbits] RES: IGF and the Brazilian proposal to WPF on Operationalising the Role of Governments in Internet Governance Processes

Joana joana at varonferraz.com
Tue May 28 11:03:33 EDT 2013

Agree and thanks Nnenna for the brainstorming on the structure of the document.

I believe the recent discussion that we are having on the other thread about the refusal from ITU to upload IEG member statement as an information document shall be highlighted in the deficiencies session of our document, besides the other measures Anriette has suggested to address this problem.

I have one practical concern (that by no means is questioning the need of such statement, but I believe is important to address): when is the next meeting of CWG-Internet? I'm afraid we ask for open participation there, but with so many meetings going on, we just wont be able to participate. And it could be weird to ask for openness and dont show up. Having said that. Maybe it is the case to ask for more creative mechanisms for remote participation in the recommendations (or , pushing for an ideal scenario, even ask for resources for civil society to attend? O.0 we will need more people to help us! :))

About volunteering, I'm caught on project reports, but can join the efforts by Friday.

Best

Joana