[bestbits] Re: [IRPCoalition] [governance] Request for comment on proposal for IGF multistakeholder opinions

Nnenna Nwakanma nnenna75 at gmail.com
Sun May 19 05:58:39 EDT 2013

Hi people,

The opinion from Brazil is on "Operationalizing the role of Government in
the multi-stakeholder framework for Internet Governance", which is not the
same as "Role of Government in Internet Governance"

Depending on where you are engaging from, and at what levels one engages,
opinions can differ.  Because I am engaged at National, Sub-regional,
regional and global Internet Governance process, I am inclined toward
thinking that the Br opinion is worth more discussions and even adoption.
Between Thursday and Friday, I had a lot of side consultations with many
who were physically at WTPF.

The key issue may not be "Time to discuss"  the Etherpad draft put it
initially on http://igcaucus.org:9001/p/igf-opinions, so I have added some
tiny edits.

The issue is the same: with WCIT, WTPF and possible other Fora. That of
government engaging constructively, with recognition of  other stakeholders
and their place as equals within the MS process of IG.

There countries where governments DO NOT engage at all.  There are others
where government is ALL.

I believe that the Br opinion is one that  gives the basis for something
better