[bestbits] Our statement hits the news

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Tue May 14 11:42:06 EDT 2013

Her reporting on WCIT was along similar lines; I commented (critically) on it to her at the time. I don't think our statement influenced her take on the issues, it is an established position of the market for which she is writing.

I hope that we can influence the tech media over the longer term to be a bit more nuanced; for my part I am writing for an Asian tech publication to provide a more balanced view. Others can do the same - online tech publications often accept guest articles. We can only do so much to control how our statements are used, though.

--
Jeremy Malcolm PhD LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, consumer advocate, geek