[bestbits] RE: GPA Report - Internet Governance: Mapping the Battleground

Lea Kaspar Lea at global-partners.co.uk
Thu Mar 21 08:10:31 EDT 2013

Dear Alex,

Thanks so much for your email and comment. Glad you like the report! As for the title, I see your point to a certain extent ā€“ bellicose rhetoric can be quite unhelpful. In this case, however, I think it fairly portrays the situation in which different arguments on appropriate IG models will be going head to head in these forums. That does not necessarily imply a binary outcome ā€“ finding common ground may well be what we get to in the end. But this win-win outcome is not a given, and in its absence, some actors may end up on the losing side of the debate. With this in mind, we thought this title gave the matter an adequate sense of urgency and weight.

Iā€™m happy to continue this discussion, but in the meantime I hope this helps clarify our point of view!

Best,
Lea