[bestbits] Fwd: June IG webinar: PRISM, surveillance powers, and the impact on Internet users worldwide

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 16:00:04 EDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stephanie Borg Psaila <stephaniep at diplomacy.edu>
Date: Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Subject: June IG webinar: PRISM, surveillance powers, and the impact on
Internet users worldwide
To: igcbp at diplomacy.edu

Dear friends,

I would like to extend an invitation to join us for our June webinar,
hosted by privacy expert Katitza Rodriguez, international rights director
at EFF, on the recent PRISM revelations, the surveillance powers of states,
and how this can affect you, me, and every Internet user worldwide.

Join us tomorrow at 15:00 GMT. More info below. To register, click
here<http://www.diplomacy.edu/registrations/webinar-modern-foreign-surveillance-powers-using-domestic-networks-spy-world>
.

Looking forward to e-seeing you,
Stephanie

*June Internet governance webinar*
How does the enormous surveillance power affect Internet users worldwide?

Dear friends,

We would like to invite you to our June IG webinar, next Wednesday 26th
June at 15:00 GMT. The webinar will be hosted by privacy expert
*KatitzaRodriguez
*, international rights director at the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

The recent reports confirming the existence of PRISM, the surveillance
program operated by the US National Security Agency, have shook the
international online community since classified documents were leaked to
the press.

Much of the US media coverage of PRISM has concentrated on the program’s
impact on the constitutional rights of US Internet users. But what about
the billions of Internet users around the world whose private information
is stored on US servers, or whose data travels across US networks?

Our June webinar will look at how the information disclosed by the
NSAleaks affect the international community, and how this highlights
one part
of an international system of surveillance that dissolves the national
privacy protections we have, wherever we live.

During the webinar, participants will be able to discuss the topic with our
host. Attendance is free; please register by filling in this registration
form<http://diplomacy.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=89e7299f9fe54eed66d45cf3d&id=dc06fe55bd&e=330e500107>
.

Looking forward to e-seeing you!
The IG webinars team