[bestbits] Letter on NSA delivered to Congress

Deborah Brown deborah at accessnow.org
Tue Jun 18 15:24:56 EDT 2013

Dear all,

The letter from the international groups and individuals went out to
Congress today (Tuesday), to 1855 recipients to be exact! A big thanks to
the ACLU for sending it out, to Kevin for lending his email address as the
sender, and to all who contributed to this effort.

Those who are listed as contacts on the email-- Anja, Anriette, Gene,
Joana, Jeremy, Katherine, and Kevin-- should keep an eye out for follow up
from staffers.

We haven't discussed a press strategy, but can I suggest that those of us
who are blogging about this (Access have a post up soon) share their posts
with the list and that we come up with some hashtags to use to raise
awareness? I think the Web Foundation was putting a list of commonly used
ones together, and it might make sense to use one specifically for this
letter. Thoughts?

All the best,
Deborah
--