[bestbits] Delivery of International civil society letter to Congress to follow up from HRC statement

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Thu Jun 13 02:13:57 EDT 2013

On 13/06/13 10:59, parminder wrote:
> Again, I am running for a day long meeting and wont be able to
> contribute for the next many hours.. So, Jeremy, can we have another
> day, but dont want to delay any deadline imperative, so do go ahead if
> that is difficult....

Would others object to postponing the finalisation of the text until
tomorrow/Friday?

> On Gene's point - asking companies to support changes in law is fine
> -- but I also have  a lot of questions and issues to address them
> about what already happened - and so have the people I talk to - and I
> think we need to write to them separately too, unless, we are just
> writing an open statement - which I prefer - which covers both US and
> these compaines issues...

Personally I wouldn't want to take the heat off the government in this
statement.  There will be more questions for the companies involved to
answer, but first things first, and the US government is ultimately
responsible and accountable for those companies' actions.

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge
hub | http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org
<http://www.consumersinternational.org> |
www.facebook.com/consumersinternational