[bestbits] International civil society letter to Congress to follow up from HRC statement

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Wed Jun 12 19:34:46 EDT 2013

+1.  I have been saying the same thing for a while (https://twitter.com/qirtaiba/status/303409261923405824), but the PRISM scandal has cemented this.  The Best Bits website says "Internet governance and Internet rights".  Neither of those are perfect either.  The disadvantage of "Internet governance" is that a lot of people think it means naming and numbering.  The disadvantage of "Internet rights" is that (with a nod to APC) Internet rights are human rights.

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

WCRD 2013 – Consumer Justice Now! | Consumer Protection Map: https://wcrd2013.crowdmap.com/main | #wcrd2013

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.