[bestbits] Re: [IRPCoalition] Blogpost: Civil Society and the Emerging Internet Cold War: Non-Alignment and the Public Interest

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Mon Feb 11 18:08:43 EST 2013

McTim, at a minimum Russia and China are not dumb -- the Internet has
become significant part of their economic development as well, and
universalization is central to this process. The "etc" in your phrase is
dubious...

On the other hand, Europe cut their annual budget for the first time,
hurting digital inclusion investments in the area, as Neelie points out
(in this case, almost a tenfold cut). It seems Europe is not giving a
damn about DI as well eh?

--c.a.