[bestbits] Re: Multi-Equal Stakeholderism

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 05:53:33 EST 2013

But in all these discussions, do we even factor in the fact that English is
not a language everybody (not matter how bright) can speak, understand and
work in? How many billion people on this earth are in that category? How
many governments around the world have English as, if not their official,
at least one of their working languages? You already have that which
filters out so many people, before even subtracting more on the basis of
technical literacy. Where does that leave us/ this idealized model?

Maybe we should have a universal course called "Internet Infrastructure" or
something like that, to be taught in all curricula around the world in both
English and the local education language? Something like a basic literacy
thing that will be taught at all levels with increasing complexity along
levels of education -- a bit like we all did math until the end of high
school? Only then, I can give some credence to the BS
"multi-equal"-whatever meme, graciously accepting the fact that some of us
will still have to work in two languages to be equal.

Mawaki