[bestbits] Call to Best Bits participants for nominations to Brazil meeting committees

Jean-Christophe NOTHIAS I The Global Journal jc.nothias at theglobaljournal.net
Thu Dec 26 03:33:49 EST 2013

Cannot but agree with you Michael.

On the one hand we have people (ISOC propagandista et al) who fight to counter any ambition to look for single definition, single focus, progress, inclusion, or convergence - to keep the 'statUS-quo' in place?- and  we have these professional blablaters such as these nice guys at Club Med holiday-camps who make sure that full opinions, diversity of views, and other alternative thinking, never reach a point of clarity.

I am afraid that this is exactly what has prevented the IGF fora at large to come up with Internet governance concrete progress. What have they achieved these nice-guys, apart from being gratified as member of ICANN board, conference keynote speaker abusing the mic, or being paid for as expert-of-the-day at ICANN HLP and so forth?

We know that ICANN and I* fauna are now playing Brazil down. A one-shot conference, should they really care about it? Brazil has difficulty with getting other governments to participate their conference. Has Brazil been trap in the same self-proclaimed attitude as of the many members of the IG priesthood? The best I* bet would be that the Sao Paulo conference to turn into a domestic exercise to protect Brazilian digital space (no great wall anyway). In the meantime, they keep flooding us with fluffy criteria and other let's-lose-our-time blabla. I am rude, and I regret it. But it is even more a pity to see all that permanent non-sense.

2014 should be the year for a big change. For a fair debate and concrete results. And a full stop to that long lasting masquerade.

JC