[bestbits] Call to Best Bits participants for nominations to Brazil meeting committees

Guru गुरु Guru at ITforChange.net
Tue Dec 24 23:19:25 EST 2013

On 12/24/2013 09:12 PM, Avri Doria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A last reply from me on this particular subject as I believe it is
> getting unproductive at this point.  I think we both made our points,
> and the steering group will take what they will from them
>
> On 24-Dec-13 08:56, Guru गुरु wrote:
>>
>> (Your views are surprising to me, I understand your primary political
>> leaning to be anarchical - which would tend to support a minority over a
>> dominant majority, rather than demand any kind of compliance)
>
> Since you decided to leverage the argument on my personal political
> philosophy, let me specifically define it (Elevator Pitch Version).
>
> Yes, I believe in a notion of Social Anarchy, by which I mean bottom
> up participatory social and political governance of all things.
> Among its modalities it includes the notion of ever greater
> cooperative aggregation of interests until one reaches a global level
> in a scalable manner.  If anything, it is a hegemony of cooperation.

your dig on 'hegemony' masks a delicious irony - that  hegemony is
usually not experienced by the dominant group, which is able to persuade
itself and others about the 'normality' of its ideology.