[bestbits] Call to Best Bits participants for nominations to Brazil meeting committees

Guru गुरु Guru at ITforChange.net
Mon Dec 23 09:54:20 EST 2013

On 12/23/2013 07:52 PM, Jeanette Hofmann wrote:
> Hi Avri, I couldn't agree more. Plus, there are so many
> underrepresented views in this space

Jeanette,

I strongly agree with you that there are so many under represented views
in this space.
(Basically that the current 'CS' mostly represents a very small section
of interests.)

> that I wonder if this really makes a solid selection criteria.

However I could not understand this logic -  since there are many views
under represented let us ignore them? That would only reinforce existing
hegemonies (which are very strong in the IG space).

On the contrary, I would think the basic legitimacy / unique aspect for
CS participation is to ensure inclusion of marginalised / under
represented groups.

regards,
Guru