[governance] Re: [bestbits] Proposal by the Government of India to the WGEC

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sun Dec 1 11:00:11 EST 2013

On Sunday 01 December 2013 08:51 PM, Milton L Mueller wrote:
> Here is a factual account of what happened
> http://www.internetgovernance.org/2011/06/28/civil-society-defects-from-oecd-internet-policy-principles/

One really wonders why we are not able to settle something which is a
simple matter of fact.... Yes, civil society groups did not initially
sign these principles but later signed a latter version .

In Dec 2013, if someone says, 'OCED's Internet policy making
principles', what is meant is the final version issues by  the OECD
Council, and *not* the initial communiqué which in effect is superseded
by the Council document. And civil society groups did sign the latter
Council document ....
http://csisac.org/2011/12/oecd_principles_internet_policy.php

  That is all that was asserted in the first instance by me which has
got this long thread running...

parminder